Thursday, February 01, 2007

I owe you!

Well, I feel like I owe all of you an update. So sorry for the delay. Things have been CRAZY around our house.

We are in Houston right now for Ben's appointments at MD Anderson. Ben is doing well.

Where to start?

I'll try to go quickly through my stuff and end on the reason you are here, BEN!

I have had a doctor's appt. every single day of last week and this week. The overwhelming answer seems to be that I have severe mercury toxicity which is causing kidney damage. So, yesterday I started my mercury detox program. Praise Jesus, I didn't have an "episode" until 7:30pm. That's almost an entire day without one. I've been having up to 15 each day. So, thank you, Jesus! The one that I had at 7:30p was really bad, though. Ben was back having his CT at MDA and I could feel it coming. So, I tried to get in to the restroom quickly and as I walked in, I fell on the floor...I tried to catch myself on one of the doors and tore my finger up a bit. It was very scary and probably one of the most intense episodes I've ever had. Once I was on the floor in the bathroom, I realized it probably wasn't a great idea for me to have gone into a restroom by myself. Anyway, after a few minutes I was better. I had two more little ones before we went to bed, but they were quite minor. I had one this morning before I took my supplements, but seem to be doing well now! Thank you, Jesus for the healing you have provided so far!

Now, on to Ben, the reason you are here! He is doing very well! He had his CT last night and we meet with the doc on Friday at MDA. The biggest thing that has happened for us this week is the realization of where our prayers need to be placed. Once we posted the blog about Ben leaving chemo, this was a response we received from one of the greatest prayer warriors we know:

While reading the blog post, I got to the part about "our prayer is that there
is still no cancer". As I read that, a thought popped into my mind that I am
confident was the Holy Spirit speaking to me (I say that because there was so
much faith, complete certainty, and just plain matter of factness about it! A
total God thing!) -- the thought was "You don't need to pray that Ben is still
cancer free -- God has healed Ben. There is no cancer. Offer prayers of
thanksgiving and praise to God instead."


So, we have changed our focus and are praising the Lord that HE ALONE has healed Ben! Thank you, Lord, for healing my husband!! It is finished! He is healed.

Ben has started some treatments with our family practice doc this week that are impressive. It is IV Vitamin C. Government studies (National Institute of Health) are showing that IV (not oral) Vitamin C leaves 0.0% lymphoma cells and leaves 100% healthy cells. Thank you, Lord! So, Ben will have four Vitamin C treatments (every other week-like chemo). If nothing else, it's good for him!!!

So, please sit with us at the feet of our Savior and Praise Him for healing Ben!!!

Also, one of our prayers is for the appt. with the doc at MD Anderson tomorrow. Thank you all for being so faithful in prayer!! We love you!!!

No comments: