Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm a Survivor!!!

For those of you that didn't get the chance to read our first e-mail, I have copied it below.

Hey guys-

Just wanted to send you an update on Ben. We found out today that he has Hodgkin's Lymphoma. So, that means that he has cancer of the lymph nodes. We are not sure if it has spread or where it is in his body, as of yet. We have appts scheduled throughout the week to figure out more. Then, Thursday afternoon he will have his first appt. with the oncologist to determine how we will begin to treat this!

Ben has a rock solid attitude. The first words out of his mouth when I told him that the doctor said he had cancer, were, "cool, this means I get to be a cancer survivor." Then, he started wondering if he is now eligible for any special grants to dental school as a cancer survivor! So, he has an awesome attitiude! It's quite humbling to me.

His goal in all of this is God's glory! Wow! It's amazing to watch his spirit and fight! I admire him so much! Anyway, please be in prayer for:

*God's glory to be made known through this
*Healing for Ben
*Wisdom for the physicians
*Peace for our family
*Financial provision

Thank you all so much!

because of Him,

Meredith

Praise the Lord, blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in His commands.
Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever.
He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD!!
Psalm 112: 1,6-7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to get news on Ben. Our thoughts and prayers are with both of you for Ben's quick recovery. We will be keeping up with your progress on the blog. God blessings from Dr. Miles and staff.

Anonymous said...

Hello Meredith,

This is the first that I am hearing of Ben's fight against cancer. Although I am sorry to hear this, I have so much respect and admiration for both of you as you aim to conquer this head on. I wish you both much strenth, and I'd say love, but it seems that there is already so much of that between the two of you!! I will keep you both in my prayers and I wish Ben a speedy recovery. -Bryn