Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Off to H-town!

Well, it is super early in the AM and we are getting packed up to head to Houston. We have our first appointment at MD Anderson around 11 ish. We thought we would be there for a day or so, but found out yesterday that they want us to stay for 5-7 days!! We think they may even start treatment while we are there, but that is a guess. We are hoping that we won't need to stay as long since Ben has already had quite a few of the tests done that they will want. We have a friend that works at MD Anderson that told us that is usually why they would keep us for so long.

We really want to make sure that we are back by Friday, though. First, we have a friend (one of Ben's groomsmen-these descriptions don't do their friendship justice) that is coming to town to love on Ben. Second, some dear, precious friends of ours are having a prayer time at their house for us on Friday night. If you are near the Dallas area and want to come, let us know and we'll connect you to them so that they can give you directions.

Oh, we also found out that if we choose to go with MD Anderson, Ben will probably be able to do his treatments on an outpatient basis in Dallas! Praise the Lord! This will be wonderful as it will keep us from having to travel too much (especially if Ben gets icky from the treatments). This is also a blessing because it will keep me from having to miss too much work. I love my job and my manager has been amazing through all of this & so I want to make sure that I am working each moment that I can...please say a prayer of blessing upon my manager and his family as he is the reason that I am able to be with Ben "in sickness and in health." He is making a way for me to take care of Ben! Thank you, Lord, for him!!

I need to get back to packing, but wanted to let you know what was going on...

Prayer requests:
*God's glory to be made known through all of this
*safe travel to MD Anderson
*efficiency in getting checked in & getting tests run
*Wisdom beyond measure for the physicians & staff
*blessings for our friends that are allowing us to stay with them while in Houston
*HEALING for Ben
*blessings on my manager, Greg & his family
*peace for our family
*Financial provision

No comments: