Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Walking for Ben!!

Hey guys! This is so cool & incredibly humbling! Let's just say it had me a little weepy!! We received this e-mail from a friend of Ben's today.
************************************

Dear Friends,

I am training for the Dallas White Rock Half Marathon and raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as a participant in their Team In Training. I'm asking you to help by making a contribution. Each donation helps accelerate cures for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma and brings hope to the patients and families who are on the front lines of the battle against these diseases.

At first, I signed up for this event as a way to stay in shape during my pregnancy. After a week of training, I got an email with the news that a friend of ours from T Bar M and A&M, Ben Fox, was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. He has now been named my “Honored Hero” and I am participating in this marathon on his behalf. To read updates on Ben you may visit his blog at
http://psalm112-survivor.blogspot.com/.

Please use the link in this letter to help me reach my goal of $1,800. You can donate online quickly and securely. You will receive a confirmation by email of your donation and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation. Any amount you are able to contribute will help the cause.

You can learn more about my efforts and make a donation by visiting my Web site:

http://www.active.com/donate/tntntx/haleybirkel

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your support. I really appreciate your generosity!

Sincerely,


Haley Birkelbach

**************************
Be sure to check out her page and see what you can do to help out, if nothing else, pray for her pregnancy & a cure for all of this crazy cancer mess!!

Thank you all!!

No comments: