Thursday, December 28, 2006

God smiled at her...

Well, today was an absolutely crazy day.

I had my follow up appt. with my doc to figure out these episodes that I've been having since April (they have been getting worse and more frequent). My grandmother had surgery today to clean out her Left Carotid that was 90-95% occluded.

The Nurse Practitioner didn't give me a real answer, but apparently my red blood cells are stacked which is a sign of an immune deficiency, etc. There are also some signs of liver stress. They have prescribed weekly IV therapy and some other stuff in hopes that we will see some good results. However, there is not an actual diagnosis. So, we'll see...

Granny's surgery was crazy to say the least. She was going in for a quick clean out of the carotid. She was only going to have IV sedation. The doc said he wouldn't do the surgery if she had to do general anesthesia because he didn't believe she would survive. Anyway, he went in to start the clean up and her artery was really hard. So, once he found a soft spot to cut into he tried to fold the artery back. The inside of the artery wall should be smooth. He said hers looked like shag carpet. If he left it like that, she would have a dramatically increased risk of clots, etc. So, he took a piece of Teflon tubing to create a bypass. In his words, one surgery turned into three. The suspected two hour surgery took four hours and 45 minutes. All of this was under IV sedation! Wow! The doc and anesthesiologist are amazing!!!

Granny has a direct line to the Lord...it's unbelivable. When she prays, she knows he is going to answer her prayer if she sees the Lord smile. When Ben was first diagnosed, she said she saw the Lord's back. Then, one day as she was praying for his healing, she saw Him smile. Well, I was a wreck this morning worried sick about her surgery. I kept trying to pray and just kept bawling. I finally reached my Mom and she told me that Granny saw God smile when she prayed about her surgery. Thank you, Lord! So, she's healing well in the ICU.

Thank you all for your prayers!

Please be in prayer for Ben's chemo Friday! Remember he got super sick last time and we had to call EMS. So, we are praying that he does better this time!

Thank you for all of your prayers! We love you and your prayers!

because of HIM,

Meredith

No comments: