Monday, December 11, 2006

White Rock Marathon!

This is so cool! Haley Birkelbach, one of Ben's friends from T Bar M, did the White Rock 1/2 Marathon. She walked it in his honor (super pregnant, too)!! Isn't this the coolest thing ever...she walked this two days after we found out that Ben is Cancer FREE!!!

Here is a copy of the letter that she sent to everyone:


I want to thank each of you, so much, for contributing to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on my behalf for yesterday’s ½ Marathon . My team raised over $25,000 to find a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma, and thanks to all of you, I contributed to $1,600 of that! THANK YOU!!!

Most of you know that I was walking on behalf of Ben Fox, who was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma not long after I signed up for the ½ Marathon to train with Team in Training. While we trained each week for the race, Ben was undergoing
chemotherapy and treating his cancer. His faith and commitment to our Lord during this time was unbelievable and as God would have it, Ben found out this past Friday that he is CANCER FREE!!! What an amazing God we serve!

Thanks to all of you who committed to praying for him and his wife and I ask that you continue to do so. Please check out their blog at http://psalm112-survivor.blogspot.com/ to stay posted and to be challenged by Ben and Meredith’s faith and commitment to our amazing Savior.

This has been quite an amazing experience and one I will never forget. It felt amazing to cross the finish line and I could not have done it without your support and contribution, so THANK YOU so much for your generosity. You are helping find a cure for all who are affected by these diseases, and for that I am grateful.

Thanks again!

Haley

What a stud she is!!

We are so honored and humbled by this!

Everytime I look at this picture of her shirt, I bawl my eyes out! Such a precious friend!!

More pics...

With her hubby, Zack!

Look at that awesome pregnant belly and she did a half marathon! Holy Wow!!

That's her in the purple, this is like Mile 8 or 9 (I would have called for a taxi by now)!

Wow, Haley!!



Haley with her friend Marcy who ran the thing...Wow, again!

Thank you all for sharing in our joy of Ben's healing! He still needs prayers as he has a lot more chemo to go...next one is this Friday.

I haven't really stopped crying as the joy is just welling up inside of me and it's got to go somewhere! Praise the Lord, great things He has done!!

1 comment:

zenner's said...

I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond to your WONDERFUL news! Bless the Lord for His goodness to you and your husband. I pray your are enjoying your precious life together.