Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The lessons we can learn....

...in the silence!!

Wow! There are times that a talkative girl like me goes crazy sitting in a quiet car during the day (I have a lot of drive time to parts of my territory). However, the Lord used that time today to speak to me in a truly special way.

As most of you know, Ben has felt that he has been healed for a while now. So, it keeps getting harder and harder for him to go to chemo. It's kind of like, why do I have to take this medicine for a condition I don't have? Every time we mention chemo around him, his stomach starts to hurt.

So, today the Lord shared with me that Ben isn't going through chemo to cure the cancer, he's going through chemo for GOD'S GLORY! Then, the Lord began revealing truths to me about so many other parts of our lives. For instance, our friends, Nick & Sarah (& their 7 wk old baby girl, Claire), that are staying with us. The Lord laid it on my heart that they didn't have a child because they wanted to, but for HIS GLORY!! Same with our baby in S. Korea. We are not adopting that baby because we want to, but for His glory! I don't go to work each day because my boss requires me to, but I go for His glory. So, I shared this with Ben today & he said he definitely needed to hear that!

I just realized today that this is what each step we take is all about (maybe I'm slower than the rest of you intellectuals)...So many things in our lives seem to have a reason that makes sense & so we go with it. However, it's when you're in a situation like this, with chemo despite the belief that there is no cancer, that you have to truly consider WHY you are doing something? In the end, if you are a believer in Christ, you are doing it for Him!!

We leave in a few hours for M.D. Anderson....say LOTS of prayers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meredith, this is Monica from T Bar M Camps...I check in and read your blog every few weeks. Thank you for faithfully posting, and thank you so much for this specific message. Today I needed to be reminded that it is for HIS Glory that I am alive and make it through each day. Your loving support of Ben and his faith are much needed examples in todays world. Thank you! Monica