Thursday, January 04, 2007

No More!!!

Well, today is a day I hope to never repeat again....

I have had 12 episodes so far. A bad day in the past has been five. Not today.

Ben is feeling great today. He hit his "good" day yesterday!! Praise the Lord because I don't know what I would do otherwise.

I started my treatment for these episodes on Tuesday. I received I.V. Vitamins. They told me possible side effects were increased energy. By the time I got home, I was absolutely exhausted and felt terrible. As I mentioned, yesterday was hard. Today was even worse. I was worked in to the doctor (his Nurse Practitioner) at lunch and they said I might be allergic to Vitamin C. So, they've had me cut all Vitamin C & Vitamin C containing products. Dear Lord, please bring relief with these changes. I had an episode while in the doctor's office today and tried to get the NP to come in time, but she made it for the very end and so she missed most of it. She got to see how hot I get and she was able to check my pulse and see how elevated it was, as well.

The bum deal is that the meeting I'm supposed to go to in Baltimore next week, I've had to cancel. The doctor doesn't want me to fly since they believe I am not getting oxygen to all of my extremities and the increases in altitude would create a hazard. So, that has been rescheduled. Praise the Lord I have a gracious boss that showed exceptional concern for me today. It's scary when you are sick. I want him to know how hard I work despite how yucky I feel. So, his graciousness & genuine concern was so appreciated!! He's an Ag!! Should have known he'd be amazing!

I go back to the doctor first thing Monday morning to follow up with him again and see if these changes we're making have any impact. Thank you all for your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Meredith --

Really sorry to hear how rough yesterday was for you -- we're continuing to pray for you -- that God will provide permanent relief from these episodes, and quickly!

Ben -- glad to hear you're feeling much better right now. See you guys Sunday!

-Steven & Deanna