Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Super Prayer Warriors!!

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
Matthew 21:22

Wow! You can't ever tell me that there isn't power in prayer. We have seen the power again this week (as if Ben's healing wasn't enough).

I went to the doctor first thing Monday morning. When I got there, he said he had spent the entire morning studying my chart trying to determine what in the world was going on...thank you, Lord, for a doctor that spends more time looking at the chart and trying to make a decision than the 10 minutes spent in the patient room. So, after all of the "alternative" solutions he had originally diagnosed me with, he said he felt that it was something other than that. He said he thinks my thyroid is overtreated. Wow! Could nine months of struggling for an answer be that easy. So, he wants me to back off my thyroid dose for two weeks, come back for labs, and see where we stand.

I got his permission to completely skip my thyroid meds today! Guess what? I didn't have an episode until after noon. This last week I've had up to fifteen each day. Today, I've only had three! Thank you, Jesus! He wants me to start back on my meds tomorrow, but I think I'm going to start at a really low dose and titrate up rather than starting high and titrating down. Lord, please let this be getting closer to a final answer. He said he doesn't think the thyroid explains everything, but that it is a root cause for many of the symptoms I am having and should address most of this.

So, please continue to be in prayer with us that we are moving in the right direction and that the episodes will continue to decrease. Please, Lord! Again, y'all are awesome prayer warriors! Thank you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Meredith!

SO glad to hear that the doctor thinks he has isolated one of the major issues! That's awesome news! God Rocks!

Let us know how you continue to do and as any new info comes up. In the meantime, we'll still be praying for you!

You both are such an inspiration through all of this over past several months!

--Steven & Deanna