Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Urgent, Urgent Prayer Request

Well, I get sad that my husband is undergoing chemo & then I receive this e-mail from my best friend in the whole world (other than Ben), Mikele. Please pray for this family & let me know if you can help with beds/mattresses & I'll get the info over to her.

Hello friends,
I wanted to write and ask you to pray for a dear family, the Taylors, that I have grown up with. Their youngest son, Nathan (24 years old), was in Oregon visiting family when he and a friend decided to go out fishing for a few hours. They were in a small boat that was capsized by 2 waves that hit them unexpectedly. The boat was too far from shore for the two guys to swim, and due to the frigid temperature of the water, Nathan lost consciousness before help could reach them. His friend tried desperately to keep him above water, but the weight of their bulky clothes and the hypothermia that had already set in prevented his friend from keeping Nathan afloat. The Search and Rescue team tried desperately to find Nathan, but they knew that unless they could find him immediately, there was no chance that he would be alive. The team searched for hours, but were not able to find his body. They called off the search once the sun set, but the Taylor family and friends continued their own search. Nathan’s body was found by his father, brother and sister that night, more than 8 hours after he went missing. Nathan leaves behind a wife and a 3-month old son. Please pray for Nathan’s family, that they will find supernatural comfort in the Father’s arms. This tragedy has hit everyone hard, and I can’t imagine the shock of this loss for his family. By God’s grace, they can rest in the knowledge that Nathan is in the Lord’s presence, and that they will be united with him again one day.

The funeral will be held in Oregon on Friday, but Nathan and his wife lived in Denton . We will be holding a memorial service for Nathan here in Dallas on Saturday, December 9th.

There are many people who will be coming in for the service, and I wanted to see if any of you know of extra beds that might be available for me to borrow for the weekend. I have 3 bedrooms in my new house that are not being used yet, and I would really like to open up my house for people to use for the weekend, but I don’t have any beds in the rooms. If any of you have extra beds that I could borrow, would you please let me know? My dad has a truck that we could use to transport the beds, and I could have it back to you as soon as the guests leave. Any help you could provide would be so appreciated.

Thank you for being a part of the amazing Body of Christ! It is times like these when we realize how important it is to have this incredible support system around us. Thanks for your prayers for this family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just made room for a crib. We have a double ready to go. Give me a call or give my number to Mikele and we'll work it out.

Anonymous said...

meredith, give me a call when you get a minute. i have a question concerning this. thanks. angie iles
214.223.9525