Saturday, October 21, 2006

1 Day Post Chemo

Well, we made the first night...

We had Mexican food last night (a little Pappasito's is apparently all you need to make the chemo go down ; )...).

Ben did so well with the chemo. He is feeling great. Though last night was a little different. We were all (Ben, his parents, & me) exhausted when we got home last night, but Ben felt great. I woke up about 6:30 this morning and realized Ben wasn't next to me. I, of course, jumped up afraid that he was sick. Not my baby!! He said he woke up with a little acid indigestion and felt like the Lord was telling him to get in the Word! So, he got up and spent some time in the Word reading Mark 4, when Jesus first started speaking in Parables. When I woke up, I called his name and he didn't answer. So, I asked our dog, Hank, "Where is Dad?" He jumped off the bed and sat at the door. So, I opened the door and sure enough Ben was sitting at the kitchen table. He said that he had great time in the Word and some awesome time in prayer! We then went back to sleep and slept until 9am! Praise the Lord!!



He feels great now! They gave him some anti-nausea medication that the nurse told him he had to take. Ben says he has no intentions of getting nauseated! That's my fighter! Anyway, I read this morning that most anti-nausea meds are better at preventing than stopping and so it's important for him to take the meds to avoid the nausea all together!!

We are about to leave to go to Knox St. and walk around with Ben's parents. We are also thinking of going to the Nasher Sculpture Gardens in Dallas. We shall see.

Anyway, it's great having Ben's parents here. Please say a prayer for Ben's Dad as he has a cold and isn't feeling well. He's so worried about getting Ben sick. So, please also pray for Ben's protection.

We are so grateful for your prayers and love! We feel it!! Wow!! God is using each of you mightily!!

1 comment:

Dannybrou said...

I have prayed for you today...