Monday, October 23, 2006

Quick Update!

Well, things have changed considerably since the last post, including my age. Yesterday was my b-day...yikes! It was a rough one. I'm spoiled to waking up to my Mom or my college roommates or Ben throwing presents on me & singing. Instead, Ben was sick & I got a Happy Birthday from him about an hour and a half after we woke up. After church, we went to lunch with Ben's parents & my Mom & then I went to Mom's house where she made me get in her bed & she threw presents all over me!! It was just hard to realize yesterday that I'm 28, have no kids, & my husband has cancer! Just a real reality check. So, yesterday was tough.

Today is better for me, but Ben still isn't feeling well. He stayed home from class today because he felt so yucky! He can't really pinpoint what feels bad...just that he has a wierd ache in his stomache & earlier he had a headache, too. I told him, "Welcome to the world of women where we always have a wierd ache or cramp in our stomach!" He said he thinks he gets it now! ; ) Please pray for him to feel better so that he can knock this semester out of the water with school! This is a very important semester for him.

Thank you all for your prayers!!

2 comments:

Dannybrou said...

praying that you will feel better ben...

just like merideth said... I would tell brooke when I was sick "I now know what morning sickness feels like 24/7"...

Anonymous said...

Meredith - Happy Birthday!! I had a strange bday this year too -- we were at the hospital for Jessie's surgery! I'm sorry your day was so tough. I hope what I write below brings joy to your heart!

Ben -- you are such a trooper. I'm sorry that you are not feeling well and praying that this all will pass soon. As I was doing my Bible study this morning, I came across the "all things new" verse again. And I thought, God, you really do make all things new! And my next thought was, just like Ben Fox. You will make him all new! I was overwhelmed with the feeling that God will heal you. Hang in there.